This two and a half hour, online class is taught by 20-year green beauty formulator, Marla Bosworth. Come join her and learn to make your own refreshing, organic and all-natural face and body washes from scratch. This online class was recorded on October 11, 2018.
Do you know that body washes and pump soaps outsell bar soaps? These gentle, moisturizing body wash/shower gels and liquid pump soaps are wonderful to make for yourself or to sell.
This class covers how to formulate your own all-natural washes or cleansers using ingredients you would like to incorporate.
Students will receive two formulas and gain knowledge on how to substitute ingredients and how to formulate gentle cleansers using a wide range of natural ingredients such as herbs, hydrosols, essential oils and more.
PLEASE NOTE - this is not a traditional cooked liquid soap process. Instead, it is a very quick and easy way to make face wash, body wash and liquid soaps that doesn't require hours of work.
Body washes are a great addition to a product line or to make at home for yourself and friends. We'll discuss ways in which you can infuse herbs, where to source ingredients, packaging options, price points of body washes, ingredients to consider for creating healing products and much more.
This class is for beginner through advanced formulators. Students will receive formulations and a list of my favorite places to buy soap making supplies and equipment.
Students will also learn:
• Which ingredients to consider for a face wash and which ones to consider for a body wash.
• How to choose natural surfactants.
• Preservative options, how to choose preservatives and usage rates.
• How to thicken washes.
• How botanical extracts add value and performance to washes.
• Optional natural ingredients to enhance product performance and value.
• Various methods of incorporating herbs.
• Bottling and packaging considerations for washes.
• Safe fragrance and essential oil usage rates.
• Pricing considerations and recommendations.
• Recommended ingredient and packaging suppliers.
Date: Any time
Course Fee: Regularly $48, on sale for $36.
Class Location: Online. You will receive a link via email from Marla to attend the class. Please give up to two hours for the link to be sent to you. It is emailed the old fashioned way, by hand. :)
Can't make this class but want to stay in the loop with us? Sign up for our newsletter by scrolling down to the bottom of any page on our website, entering your email address, confirming with the email we sendyou, and voila we'll email you (once a month) to let you know the latest happenings for new classes and more!
Enroll now by clicking on "Add to Cart."