Join natural cosmetic formulator Marla Bosworth and learn to make your own moisturizing face and body creams. During this three-hour, online class you'll learn how to make creams and lotions for different skin types. You'll also have all the information you need to start making your own products to sell or make for friends and family.
Students will receive two videos - one that covers methodology and formulation of creams and a second video of making the products.
This class is perfect for newbies, spa owners, estheticians, green beauty entrepreneurs, massage therapist and for those who are currently making creams, but unsure if they are making them properly. There is no experience required. If you are already making creams and lotions you will definitely learn several tips in this class.
We will make two batches using natural ingredients. You'll receive an information-packed class handout with detailed instructions, formulas, formulating guidelines and a valuable supplier list.
What we will cover:
- How to formulate a great body cream.
- How to troubleshoot if your formula separates.
- Different emulsifiers and how to choose which ones to use.
- How to adjust your formula if it feels too greasy.
- Safety usage rate of essential oils.
- The best temperatures with which to work.
- Formulating for different skin types.
- How to create and adjust a formula.
- Suggestions on how to choose specialized ingredients.
- Essential oil safety.
- What makes the difference between face and body creams.
- What is non-comedogenic and why it is important.
- Recommended company for testing your products.
- Effective and natural preservatives.
More of What Makes This Workshop Special:
Marla creates high experential workshops - a holistic perspective of learning by transforming new information. If you've ever attended any of her classes you know the energy she creates is positive, supportive, educational and fun.
Marla is the CEO of Back Porch Soap Company. She has been making natural beauty products and soap for 21 years. She is an lightworker, earthwalker, intuitive empath and spiritual wellness coach. She resides in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Course Fee: Regular online price $48.
Class Location: Online. You will receive a link via email to attend the recorded class and may watch as many times as you like. (It may take us a few hours depending on the time of your order for us to personally send you a thank you email with the link as this is not an automated service). Thanks in advance for your order and patience!
Can't make this class but want to stay in the loop with us? Sign up for our newsletter by scrolling down to the bottom of any page on our website, entering your email address, confirming with the email we sendyou, and voila we'll email you (once a month) to let you know the latest happenings for new classes and more!
Enroll now by clicking on "Add to Cart."