Update July 2020: Responding to COVID-19
Back Porch Soap Company is committed to caring for the health and well-being of our customers and students.
We are taking a number of actions, including:
- Elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
- Implementing social distancing.
- Requiring students to stay home if they have a fever or are not feeling well.
- Requiring students and clients to wear masks during classes and events.
- Providing a Zoom option for any cancelled/postponed classes.
Marla Bosworth, Founder
Back Porch Soap Company
Make Your Own Beauty is a 5-evening certificate program on the Upper West Side of New York City that will get your current indie beauty business or the one you've dreamed about owning off of the ground. Class dates for this session are August 17-21, 2020. Students take five classes of training with Marla Bosworth, founder and owner of Back Porch Soap Company. Marla has 22 years of indie beauty industry experience and 30 years of retail, market research, entrepreneurial and business expertise.
Classes are held from 6-9 p.m. at a convenient Upper West Side location just a block from the 1, 2 and 3 trains.
This course intensive is perfect for entrepreneurs who own a business as well as for budding entrepreneurs who are seeking training in the field of bath and beauty. Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class on Friday night. Check with your tax accountant, as this class fee, your travel and accommodation expenses and more could be tax deductible.
Marla has taught thousands of students from all over the U.S., Canada and many other countries including Mexico, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, U.K., Ireland, Turkey, Israel, Colombia, Ghana, South Africa, Germany, Chile, Guatemala, Ireland, Venezuela, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and many more.
Full-Course Attending Students Receive:
- 5 Hands-on Workshops
- Private One-Hour Telephone Consultation ($300 value)
- 3+ Hour Recorded Webinar on "How to Run A Successful Bath & Body Business" ($36)
- Lifetime Membership to Marla's Private Facebook Group
- Binder with Handouts, Supplier Lists, and Other Resources
Early-bird price of $998. Regular rate of $1298. We offer payment plans. Please contact us for more information.
Private Teaching Studio inside Little Shop of Crafts
711 Amsterdam Ave. at 94th Street
New York City
Contact: Marla Bosworth of Back Porch Soap Co. for directions/questions 781.934.8100.
Please note that due to rental space contracts and travel logistics, we cannot offer any refunds or credits if you need to cancel your attendance. If you would like to send someone else in attendance, please give us 24 hours advance notice.