Ready to bring your group for a fun candle or soap making experience?
Just enter a minimum of 10 seats, up to 25 at our location, then check out!
Reach out first to confirm that we have your preferred date and time available.
Ph: 781-934-8100. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For groups larger than 25 attendees, we require a store buyout so we can close the store to the public to host your group. We can accommodate up to 100 attendees. Please contact us for more information.
Join us in the Upper West Side of Manhattan for a relaxing Candle or Soap Making Workshop where you will design TWO of your own gorgeous, customized candles. You'll learn to blend your own natural fragrances to design your very own coconut wax candles in beautiful glass containers. These candles are perfect for special gift-giving (or keep for yourself!).
Guests will spend this amazing workshop designing either:
- TWO of their own personalized candles, choosing from our natural scents. Everyone appreciates a quality candle, and these make thoughtful gifts! Our candles are made with eco-friendly, non-toxic coconut wax.
- SIX bars of cold process soap, made from scratch with your group.
Come enjoy the relaxing and zen experience of candle making and soap making! Class is held in our Upper West Side candle pouring studio in Manhattan, located inside Little Shop of Crafts, 711 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10025. We are located on the corner of West 94th Street, just one block east of the 1, 2 and 3 train station which is located at West 96th/Broadway. There is cross-street parking and parking garages a block away on 95th, between Broadway and Amsterdam and between Amsterdam and Columbus Ave.
The 1.5 hour candle making workshop includes:
- Personalization of two glass candle vessels
- Selection of wax chip colors
- Bestselling fragrance selection to design your own custom scent
- All candle making materials
- A shopping bag to transport your masterpieces
The 1.5 hour soap making workshop includes:
- Personalization of one loaf of soap per attendee (six bars)
- Experience of making a batch of soap with your group (in teams of 10 or less)
- Selection of botanicals and additives to customize your own loaf for each attendee
- Essential oil to scent the batch
- All soap making materials
- A shopping bag to transport your masterpiece
Location: Private Classroom inside Little Shop of Crafts, 711 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY
(NE corner of Amsterdam and West 94th St. in the Upper West Side.)
Price: $98 per person.
Minimum Class Size: 10 (for groups less than 10, please join one of our public classes or email us to inquire about small group options.)
Age Requirement: 18 and up.
Bio: Marla Bosworth is the CEO of Back Porch Soap Company. She leads special events, workshops and corporate experiences in candle, soap, skincare and perfume making.
Planning a corporate event or experience? Planning a special event, maybe a wedding shower or get together? If you are interested in our private events, please reach out via phone 781-934-8100 or visit this link on our website.
Note: All classes must be prepaid in full. Due to venue rental contracts and commitments, we do not offer refunds nor rescheduling on missed classes. If you would like to send someone in your place, kindly notify us prior to class.
Reserve your seat by clicking on "Add to Cart."